Illawarra Turf Club
7 Day Racing Update incl Track Conditions, Rail & Rainfall
The Illawarra Turf Club is a thoroughbred racecourse that conducts 35 meetings per year at it’s Kembla Grange site. The meetings attract in excess of 65,000 patrons per year and generates employment for 30 permanent staff and up to 300 casual employees each meeting.
Board of Directors
Chief Executive Officer
Steven Keene – email@example.com
Michael Craig – firstname.lastname@example.org
David Anderson – email@example.com
Functions and Catering Manager
Chloe Hackett – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship and Marketing Manager
Kim Pascoe – email@example.com
Darren Sparks – firstname.lastname@example.org
- P De Vries
- Mrs J Humphries
- J Kay – Club Ambassador
- Dr D G Mackay
- A Stephen
- B Vandenbergh
- R Curnow
- Dr J C Ford
- M Howlin
- Dr A James
- Dr M O’Halloran
Kembla Grange history
Archives reveal that race meetings were staged by the original Illawarra Turf Club as long ago as 1834 on the site of the present day Wollongong Golf Course, 26 years before racing began at Royal Randwick.
However, early in the twentieth century, Kembla Grange estate, the present site of Kembla Grange Racecourse, was purchased by the Hon. Joseph Carruthers, who designed a course almost identical in size and shape to Randwick.
Numerous organisations have been in charge of racing at Kembla Grange until the present Illawarra Turf Club was formed and conducted its first racemeeting on the 18th December 1976.
Kembla Grange Racecourse was constructed almost identical in size and shape to Randwick Racecourse. The course is 2200m in circumference, 25m in width and has a straight length of 420m, suiting horses that run on strongly.